Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Medina

This blog post is devoted solely to the Medina. This place was unbelievable. And I didn't get many photos as it took me a while to be brave enough to walk around with my camera out. But I finally bravened up and even took a short video:



This is one of the entrances to the Medina


This was a shop with all kinds of cool lamps, cups, mirrors, etc. all beautifully handmade.


Here are just some random shots...





We walked through the entire Medina which was LONG and HOT and CROWDED. There was a claustrophobia-inducing amount of people there and you could buy anything from shoes to lanterns, to boxers, to purses, to spices, etc. Mercifully, when we got to the end and walked out there was the ocean and a wonderful breeze.





I took a lot of photos with my film camera as well but those won't be developed until we get home. I will definitely be returning to the Medina. It was a new and unforgettable experience!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment