Saturday, June 25, 2011

Summer Saturday


Today was my first free Saturday at home in about 2 months and I planned on enjoying every second of it...and I have. I spent this afternoon outside reading...I am DETERMINED to finish this 1,000+ page novel that I've been working on periodically for the past THREE years. And don't get me wrong, it is a magnificent book...at times I just need to step away from the harsh, hard world that the characters are forced to endure due to others' desire for money and power.

The heroine, Dagny Taggart, so beautifully recites her determination to overcome such a world:

"I started my life with a single absolute: that the world was mine to shape in the image of my highest values and never to be given up to a lesser standard, no matter how long or hard the struggle..."

Another quote I loved by John Galt:

"...you will see that through all the years of your struggle, nothing had barred you from Atlantis and there were no chains to hold you, except the chains you were willing to wear."

No comments:

Post a Comment