Saturday, June 25, 2011

Fascination/Obsession


"Whitey" Bulger & Girlfriend Arrested


What a story...I can't stop thinking about it. The idea of bank robbers (in the 1950's sense) and Irish mafia leaders is something that has existed in my mind as something from the movies. I never had a way to tie it into reality and therefore it is a thought that I find to be far more intriguing and glorified than it ever should be. After all those people killed with no mercy and it's a horrifying thing to imagine.

The recent capture of the notorious "Whitey" Bulger struck my interest. Devouring the article I realized more clearly the gruesome lives these individuals lived. But despite this revelation, my fascination in the 1950s crime world of suspenders & cigarettes, felt fedoras & large trench coats, ill-informed/shameless girlfriends, slicked-back hair & guns has risen an abnormal amount. I assure you I have no intention of adopting any part of this culture...but I WILL most certainly continue to study it.

No comments:

Post a Comment