Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Princess Hajar

So there's this one little girl who has truly grown on me. I love her. I actually love her to death. I put these pictures up of her earlier:


Her mother always brings her in and says hello to me. She seems to have noticed my love for her daughter. Today, after not seeing Hajar for 20 minutes or so, a woman knocked on the window and called me into a hospital room. I followed her inside and Hajar's mother was holding her while she was getting oxygen. Her asthma must have been worse today. Her mom smiled at me and I said hello to Hajar who was in a trance. The mother explained to me...as best she could with the language barrier...that Hajar would join us in the play area after her breathing improved. I finally got a smile out of Hajar and then left her room to help Katie with the other kids. I was so flattered that the mother wanted me to know why Hajar wasn't there yet and allowed me to come say hello.

Ten minutes later she brought Hajar to me, sat her in my lap, and placed my hand on her chest so I could feel her breathing. It felt so clouded, blocked, and scratchy. It has to be terribly uncomfortable. She left Hajar with me and motioned that she shouldn't be running around. So Hajar spent some time with me today which was wonderful. And I had no idea how much I loved this little girl until today, but her mother knew. It was really moving.

Let me just explain why I love this little girl so much. She's always got a smile on her face. She's so happy all the time and is always sweet to the other kids. She generally does her own thing and is perfectly content doing so. She is ALWAYS eating. She walks around the room slurping yogurt from a hole her mom cut in the bottom of the cup, eating nuts that are rolled up in her shirt, or drinking milk and getting it ALL OVER her face. I mean, it's remarkable how much she is able to get on her face without deliberately pouring it on herself. She's just adorable. Also, when we play music, she loves to dance. Her dancing consists of a slow-motion bobbing up and down and sticking her fists in the air or even doing that thing where you roll your fists in the air in circles. She also runs in slow-motion. It's too funny. I'll have to try to get a video of her Friday. So, anyways, these are just a few things that make her awesome. Oh, and I call her Princess Hajar...hence the title of this post.

Later this afternoon we are going to the Chellah which are some Roman ruins in the city so I'll share this later this evening or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment