Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Who is John Galt?


A holga photo of Bec in Orlando

It's been a while. I've been working furiously on my grad apps and I'm down to 1 more. That's right, ONE! San Diego State. Then comes 2+ months of waiting. I don't even want to think about that!


On a side note, I've picked up my copy of "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand again. Periodically I read about 100 pages and then I read other books, then I pick it up again. I think I'm finally to the point where everyone says it gets great. It is certainly an interesting read, and gets your mind rolling. A couple quotes I found interesting:

"Did you get your money by fraud?....By doing work you despise for purchasers you scorn? If so, then your money will not give you a moment's or a penny's worth of joy."

"Consistency is not a habit of mind which it is wise to practice or to expect of the human race."

1 comment: