Friday, November 12, 2010

Invite the Unexpected

This constant running dialogue that occurs in my mind about grad school and my uncharted future could be quite a downer. However, I had one of those moments, just a minute ago, where you realize how AWESOME life is. How incredible is it that we have no idea where we will be 10 years from now? It's freaking TERRIFYING! But, also reminds you how important it is to live in the moment.

Can you imagine just how dull life would be if you knew everything that is to happen and when to expect it? I mean sure, there's a general time line for all of us: grade school, college, job, marriage, kids, etc. But the details in between are what make things interesting. Sometimes painful, sometimes utterly confusing, but ALWAYS interesting.

So, I will RELISH in my moments of slight panic at the unknown. I say, "I am not even close to being ready. Bring it on."

No comments:

Post a Comment