Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Scavenger Hunt

Our first assignment consisted of us receiving a clue from our mentor (a second year in the DFP) to a specific location here in Winston Salem.  We researched, read about, and interpreted the clue, and then went out to shoot our location.  The trick was, there would be no editing allowed after shooting, so the shot sequence through which you wanted to show the location had to also be the sequence in which you filmed.  This meant a lot of planning. 

"That tall one there in the Empire State, that's my baby."

This was my clue...which ended up being the Reynolds Building in downtown Winston Salem, which is the building that the Empire State Building is modeled after.  It's a beautiful building, but is no longer accessible to the public, so I was only able to shoot the exterior. Since it was just a building with little activity surrounding it, I was able to go the day before and plan my shot selection and sequence.  It's nothing award-winning...but here is my first experience with a camera.  I loved it :)








No comments:

Post a Comment