Saturday, December 4, 2010

So this is Christmas...

...And what have you done
Another year over
And a new one just begun
Ans so this is Christmas
I hope you have fun
The near and the dear one
The old and the young...

My favorite Christmas song. We went out to Powhatan today to cut down a Christmas tree...one of my favorite parts of the holiday season. I will never NOT have a live tree, they're just too pretty and smell too good.

Why is this my favorite time of year?

The warm, cheerful atmosphere; the cold weather; it's a time for baking; hot chocolate; big scarves and funny hats; fireplaces are lit; the beautiful decorations...I mean I COULD go on forever.

I snapped some pictures of the Christmas tree farm:



And of the Papa cutting down that tree....while we stood & watched :)

No comments:

Post a Comment